“First Pascha” Celebrated with Chrismation at Christ the Saviour - 04/30/16
On Saturday, April 30th our community gathered to celebrate the Vesperal Liturgy of St. Basil, sometimes called the “First Pascha”, as it was originally the first Liturgy of the Great Paschal vigil. Before the service we welcomed Peter (Ronald) Miller into the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church through the Sacrament of Chrismation. At this service the 15 Old Testament readings were chanted by members of our Junior O Club (aka - “Teen Titans”), as well as members of our choir. It is during this service that the dark purple vestments of Lent and Holy Week are replaced with the brilliant white of Pascha!
“Alleluia” Verses of Holy Saturday
ARISE, O GOD, JUDGE THE EARTH, FOR TO THEE BELONG ALL THE NATIONS!
• God has taken His place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods He holds judgment.
• How long will You judge unjustly and accept the faces of sinners?
• Give justice to the weak and the fatherless; maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute!
• Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the sinner!
• They have neither knowledge nor understanding; they walk about in darkness.
• Let all the foundations of the earth be shaken! I say: “You are gods, sons of the Most High, all of you; nevertheless, you shall die like men, and fall like any prince.”