On Sunday, January 22nd the Orthodox parishes of Greater Harrisburg gathered at City Island Park for the 9th Annual Pan-Orthodox Great Blessing of the Susquehanna. Amongst those present were clergy and faithful from the following communities:
• Christ the Saviour Orthodox Church (OCA) in Harrisburg
• Holy Apostles Orthodox Mission (OCA) in Mechanicsburg
• Holy Resurrection of Christ Orthodox Church (SER) in Lebanon
• Holy Trinity Orthodox Cathedral (GOA) in Camp Hill
• St. Nicholas Orthodox Church (SER) in Oberlin
Following the River Blessing, the clergy and faithful gathered at Agia Sophia Coffeehouse and Bookstore for fellowship and a soup/chili cook-off.
• Agia Sophia has donated over $26,000 to local charities in its 6 years of ministry/business!